Interestered in becoming a church partner?
We have many Churches signed up as Mission partners and the numbers have grown rapidly over the last 2 years. However our work isn’t finished!
We want to continue to unite Christians across Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole – BCP (City Region) in their approach to helping rough sleepers get off and stay off our streets.
As a Christian organisation we believe in working together in a united way. This really sends out a positive message. Our aim is that all churches should be able to help any vulnerable adult especially those who are sleeping on our streets or in our church doorways. One way is giving the right advice (find help) the other way is becoming one of our mission partners & taking action.
Ways you can help us
Our core values and ethos are based on Biblical principles & teaching and we will not compromise on these.
One of our go to verses in the Bible is Luke 10 v 25-37 The story of the Good Samaritan but there are many other examples in the Bible where we are asked to show compassion to another human being.
It’s because of these principles we will use language that quite often you don’t hear much of these days such as: Unconditional love , Forgiveness , Grace, Mercy, Transformation, Restoration , Hope, Truth, Faith etc.
We believe that people are made in God’s image and therefore we will treat everyone accordingly with respect & dignity. We have all made mistakes and wish we hadn’t and we are grateful that maybe even if others have given up on us God certainly hasn’t. We call this GRACE and we want to show this to others.
Holding on to the principles of our faith means we can work in the best interests of the rough Sleeper. Working in their best interests means it’s important we work with all the statutory services and professional agencies in an agreed approach to help the individual get off the streets. We want people to be free from addiction, find work or restore family links or experience all of these. Maybe one day, they too may find faith.
Contact us we would love to meet up with you to discuss how this may work, but before you do just remind yourself of the benefits of being a Mission Partner :
The benefits of being a Church Partner are:
- Clearly publicised help for rough sleepers (Website / Social Media )
- Offer up to date training / volunteers /staff
- Consistent service & support for rough sleepers (5 Key projects)
- It’s Biblical (reflects what we believe)
- Demonstrates that the Church is in agreement (lots of denominations)
- One clear message (reduces confusion for all )
- Improve prospects of getting funding
- Makes a difference to our communities (it’s not right people sleep on our streets)
- Improve partnership opportunities (it’s not just a church problem!)
- Collaborative approach improves efficiency / savings
- Is in the best interests of rough sleepers
- Gives opportunity for folk to practically apply their faith
- A positive witness in the church community
Please see information on our umbrella charity, FaithworksWessex.
- Possibility of hosting Sleepsafe at your Church
- Volunteering opportunities across 5 exciting projects
So if you are a Church wanting to be part of this partnership across BCP then contact us.
We are happy to provide materials and speakers for any events / services you wish.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss how your church or organisation might get involved.